8.03.2008

Hello everybody!

God moved mightily this past week in Tanzania! On Tuesday we spent the night in the bush with the Masai tribe. In the bush there is no electricity or plumbing. This was my first time roughing it, but as a team we were very prepared and I survived! We learned to really depend on one another, as well as appreciate the customs and culture of the Masai tribe. They welcomed us with loving arms. Their custom is to celebrate guests by serving them with food, and they fed us nonstop. We had goat meat, rice, and chai.

After the first feeding, we celebrated with the village during their church dedication ceremony. I was very moved, by the love these people had for God! Their church was built from logs,and mud that looked something like stucko, and had an aluminum roof. Their pews were made of logs, and the entire space could seat maybe 20 people. Some would look at that and feel sorry for them, but they were excited to have a place of worship in their village. I was very humbled by the intensity of their love and worship to God.

We showed the "Jesus Film" later that night, and many souls came to Christ. In addition to this, we prayed for those who needed healing in their bodies. Although we have teamed up with Swahili speaking workers, there were times when I didn't have a translator and I simply had to trust God to meet the need for which I prayed. The next day, there were reports of miracle healings. God Did the Work, and we were His vessels!

Today, I shared a 10 minute message with a local church in the city of Moshi. I felt impressed by the Lord to simply share on the Father's love. Two other young ladies from my team shared as well. No one knew what the other would be speaking on, but Father God knew! The thread that brought all of our messages together was the Father's love. God really ministered to the people through us. Although we are from different parts of the world, we were one in Spirit. We had translators, however, God's presence manifested regardless of whether or not we understood the language. It has truly been amazing how the Tanzanians have received us. From the moment I stepped off the plane, I felt I was received with love.

Tomorrow we will travel for 4 hours to a city called Babati. We will preach in a 3 day crusade, and we will be evangelizing on the streets of Babati. We are believing God for the harvest of souls, and for miracles. On Thursday we will go on a Safari, and see African wildlife. I'm ultra excited!

Please keep us in your prayers as we travel, and please agree with us that God will do great things in Babati. This may be the last time I get to email. I will return home on August 13.

Love you all and God Bless!

Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment