7.21.2008

just wanted to fill you in on a few more things . . . I gave my sermon last Sunday. It went well. I had two interpreters: one interpreted from English to Thai and the other from Thai to Karen. The church was filled with Karen speakers. I pray that the Lord took all of our words and worked through the translation process to convey what He wanted the Karen congregation to hear.

We also visited one of the seven refugee camps located along the Thai-Burmese border. The camp we visited is home to 50,000 refugees! Yes, 50,000 people in one camp! There is a Bible School in the camp. We met with the director of the school. It is amazing to think, that in the midst of this refugee camp, hundreds of people have been trained AND SENT OUT with the gospel message! Many refugees have left the camp and are now ministering around the world! Wow, God is amazing!

Bruce and I took a 3 day trip to the northern city of Chiang Mai. We were tourists for a few hours. I really am not a tourist, but it was fun to attend a Thai dinner with traditional dancers, watch an elephant show, and visit a monkey school. I really enjoyed our time at an Orchid Farm. The flowers were so beautiful!

The best part of our trip to Chiang Mai was having the opportunity to visit a ministry that works in the area of Human Trafficking. We were able to learn about the terrible truth of modern day slavery and the ministries amazing vision to do something about it. God is truly at work in this area. I am inspired by my visit to this ministry!

Thank you so much for your prayers! You may never know the impact they have had on my experience in Thailand. Bruce and I will be leaving Thailand on Monday and flying to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Many of you are aware of our involvement in Ethiopia. Please continue to pray for us as we meet with Haik Orphanage's director and other church leaders to discuss the future of Haik. I am quite certain that I will not have internet access in Ethiopia, so you will have to wait for my return to the U.S. to hear any more updates from me.

God is so good!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment